History of TA Ronan
T. A. Ronan was established as a family business in West London in 1947 by Thomas A. Ronan. On Thomas A. Ronan’s death in 1984 T. A. Ronan Limited commenced trading under the leadership of Tommy Ronan and his sister Bernadette Cowler. After Tommy’s untimely death in 2006, the company continued to move forward under the direction of Bernadette Cowler who built a strong management team.
In April 2010 the management team of John O’Sullivan, Steve Cowler, Ivan Palagitskyy and Pat Carroll completed a management buyout. This new ownership maintains the family ties as John O’Sullivan is a nephew and Steve Cowler a grandson of the founder Thomas A. Ronan. The company continues to move forward with all administrative functions based at the Head Office “RONAN HOUSE” in Askew Road W12.
T. A. Ronan are members of the Electrical Contractors Association, (ECA), the NICEIC and are represented on the National and Regional Boards of the Joint Industry Board, (JIB) by John O’Sullivan, maintaining the active participation of his cousin, the late Tommy Ronan, who was voted in as the Chairman of the Committee for Cabling and Jointing for the Periods 2001/2002, and 2002/2003 consecutively.